Monday, October 27, 2014

Chapter 77 - I Tried



The wedding parties are small and made up of people that really matter to each of them. 


 At Beth's side is Stephanie Rose and to Jon's right is Richie; serving dual purposes in this wedding.  Beth looks over at her wedding party - Stephanie, Tammy and Ava are glowing in their sheer and sexy peach bridesmaids gowns that Vera Wang made just for Beth, with smiles on their faces.  She then looks at Jon's wedding party and is impressed with how nice the Bongiovi boys can clean up.  Matt and Tony, next to Richie look very handsome in their black tuxedo's and peach cummerbunds and bow ties.  

Over her shoulder she can see all of the kids sitting with Mrs. Bongiovi, and they too, look like little angels watching Jon and Beth make their  life promises to one another.

She smiles as the tears fill her eyes.  When her eyes meet Jons, it's then that she sees the tears in his eyes.  She smiles.  He whispers to her, as he grabs her hand, "We are finally here."

She cries even harder, through the tears and the laughter, she says, "I know."  She takes his hand and together they turn and face the priest.

The priest can see the love that they have for one another and is well aware of the history that they have, as it was him that performed funeral services for them, when the babies died.  "Are you two ready to do this?  It's about time?"  The priest asks them, with a slight laugh in his tone.  Jon looks at him and gives him the nod.  The area went quiet, as if they were in a fairy-tale.  All of the animals stopped to witness the fairy tale come true.

Side by side, hand in hand they gave the Father Anthony their full attention.

He starts the ceremony, "Family and friends, we are gathered here today to join these two, who should have done this along time ago, to finally become husband and wife."  He pauses, "I have known these two and the entire family for years and when I tell you that I am honored to be here doing this today, that is an understatement.  Jon first came into my life when he was born and Beth, well, many years later.  But I feel as if I have know her forever."  Beth smiles at him, fighting the tears that seem to be at the ready today.  Her eyes are burning and the lump in her throat is growing, she thinks to herself, as she squeezes Jon's hand, "Pull it together Beth."

"Standing here before you, me and God are two of the most amazing people that I have ever been lucky enough to know.  Two beautiful and selfless people that after all they have been through, truly deserve the happiness that they both seek."  He takes a deep breath, looking to Jon andt then to Beth.  He can see that they are ready.  "Jon and Beth, please turn and face one another."  

Father Anthony performs their ceremony flawless, even though tears fill his eyes.  He knows what they have been through and he never thought that they would ever get to this point, even though he always kept the faith.  He believed that true love would conquer all, but maybe not with Jon and Beth.  The things that the couple had to endure, no doubt earned them a place in heaven, but he couldn't help but hurt for them and all that they have lived through.  

"Jon and Beth, it is with great pleasure and the deepest of respect that you asked me to do this for  you today.  I have known both of you and your family for a long time, and talking to you as a man, not as a man of God, I want to tell you that you inspire me.  The two of you show me that even in the cruel world in which we live, there is hope.  Hope for what looked like impossible.  The love that the two of you share is unique and no doubt one that will last you this lifetime and beyond."  Beth looks to Jon and he looks back at her, mouthing the words I love you.  Beth smiles at him, and with her hands, she makes the shape of a camera and snaps a picture.  She wanted to capture that moment, that look mentally, for when and if she may need it later.  Stephanie told them both that when the day gets to be too much and they start to lose sight of what's important - start taking mental pictures, those are to keep the memory alive, that moment in time that's just for them to share. 

Father Anthony takes a step forward, "Can I have the rings please?"  He looks to Richie.  Flustered and caught in a daze, Richie reaches into his pocket and hands the priest the rings that he was trusted with to get to the wedding.  

"Here they are."  Richie goofs as he steps up to hand the rings to Father Anthony.  He looks at Beth and winks.  That warmed her heart and she winked back.

Father Anthony blesses the ring and says, handing Jon Beth's ring, "Jon, place the ring on Beth's finger and repeat after me."

Jon moves in closer to his bride to be, takes her left hand and slides her wedding band on her ring finger, "Beth, with this ring, I thee wed.  To have and to hold, from this day forward, in sickness and in health, for richer and poorer until death do we part."  He grabs her fingers with his and closes his hand.  He can feel that her hands are sweaty and when he looks her in the eye, he can see that right now, this very moment is right what they deserve to be.

Father Anthony then turns to Beth and hands her Jon's wedding band.    "Beth, place the ring on Jon's finger and repeat after me."

Beth does as she's told, reaching for Jon's left hand.  She slides the ring on his finger and says what she was told to say.  "Jon, with this ring, I thee wed.  To have and to hold, from this day forward, in sickness in health, for richer and poorer until death do we part."   They stand there face to face, holding hands and Beth is borderline a blubbery mess.  Her she is, finally marrying the man that she has wanted more than anyone.  She's standing there marrying the man that has hurt her the most and the man that she is convinced that she can not live without.

"It is my understanding that Jon and Beth have written their own vows." The priest smiles, "And knowing the both of them, I'm sure they are words that will take our breaths away."  He reaches over and places his hand on Jon's shoulder.  "Go ahead Jon."

Jon clears his throat, the one that had the large lump in it, took a deep breath and reached into his breast pocket.  From his favorite type of paper, he starts to read the words that he meant only for Beth.  They are not song lyrics, they are from his heart and only to her.  His eyes are locked with hers, with a wink and a grin, he starts, "Beth Ann, I choose you. To stand by your side and sleep in your arms. To be joy to your heart and food for your soul. To learn with you and grow with you, even as time and life change us both. I promise to laugh with you in good times and struggle alongside you in bad times. I promise to respect you and cherish you as an individual, a partner, and an equal, knowing that we do not complete, but compliment each other. May we have many adventures and grow old together.  You are the love of my life, and through you I have experienced the deepest of sorrows and the greatest joys I have ever known.  I give myself to you, and only you for as long as I live."  Beth can't hold back the tears, with a full smile she steps into him and kisses him.  In his ear, she whispers, "Thank you."

Father Anthony looks at Beth and says, "Are you ready?"

Beth nods and as she clears her throat, she turns to Stephanie to get the vows that she had written for Jon,  She then looks out at all of the family and friends that are there to support them, and with one deep breath, she starts, "I, Beth, take you, Jon to be my husband. I promise to always be your biggest fan and your partner in crime. I promise to create and support a family with you, in a household filled with laughter, patience, understanding, and love. I vow not just to grow old together, but to grow together. I will love you faithfully through the difficult and the easy. What may come, I will always be there, each one believing that love never dies. As I have given you my hand to hold, I give you my life to keep."

Father Anthony, nervous in his own right, looks at the couple and says to Jon, "John Francis Bongiovi do you take Beth Ann Adams as your wife, your life partner?"

"I do."

Turning to Beth, "Do you, Beth Ann Adams take John Francis Bongiovi as your husband, your life partner?"

"I do."

He lowers the bible that he held in his hand and looks out into the crowd, and with hesitation he quietly asks, "Is there anyone here that thinks these two should not be united in holy matrimony?  Speak now, or forever hold your peace."  The area is so quiet, you could hear a pin drop, if someone had brought one to a wedding.  Everyone in the area looked around and seen that no one raised a hand or stood up to object.  "Jon, kiss your bride."

Jon and Beth stepped into one another and their first kiss as husband and wife should have been the most special kiss in their lives, from the back of the room, they hear a man say, "I object!"  Their lips just touched when they were startled by the sound.  Everyone looked to the rear of the yard to see who had the nerve to interrupt, who had the nerve to object to this long overdue wedding.

5 comments:

  1. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew you were going to do that! You couldn't just let it lie! I love you for that! ha ha ha ha. Even thou I had tears in my eyes reading the damn thing! You had me Jons you really had me there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Man I knew that was coming, dang it, but beautiful vows. Don't make us wait long for a chapter please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful vows, knew something was co ing. My bet is Dot or Dalton or maybe Melissa. Please don't keep us waiting too long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a feeling that was going to happen too. now here's what I hope happens. Dalton rushes Jon & they tussle around when a gun goes off that Dalton brought & kills Dalton & they live happily ever after!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Toooooo late..... Oh wait. You may kiss your bride is not I now pronounce you man and wife...... I was waiting for this too. Wonder which one it is. (or is it someone or something new???)

    I agree please do not make us wait too long for the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete