Sunday, February 14, 2016

Chapter 119 - Your Memory Kept Calling My Name



Back in the house Jon finds his cell phone one the counter, picks it up and calls Beth's phone.  It went right to voicemail and that angered him.  He texted her phone.   The police are looking for you, I pray that you are safe.  I am going to find you.


"Dad?" startled, Jon turns around and sees Jake holding Jon Spencer's hand.  "Is everything okay?"

Jon takes a few step towards his son, kneels down and draws them both to him, "Everything will be okay."

"What's going on?" the young man asks, well aware of the tension that's in the house.  "Why are the police here?"

"I'll explain it all in a few minutes.  Can you take him back with Pete and wait there for me.  I have some things I need to do." Jon calmly asks his son, feeling terrible that he's not ready to tell them what's going on.  

Jake does as he's told and leads Jon Spencer to the back of the house in the family room.  Left there alone, Jon's thoughts are all over the place.  It doesn't make sense to him.  She went upstairs to shower and now she's gone.  Where is she?

Scrolling through their text messages, reading professions of their love, he has a thought.  She had a bag packed.  Up the grand spiral staircase he bolts, through their master suite and on into her walk in closet he can see that her packed bag is gone.  His feelings collided, head on.  Now he's just as angry as he is scared.  Looking around, he notices that the boots that Stephanie removed from the bag are gone too.  

After a momentary pause, standing there alone in her closet with his phone in his hand he does what he does best.  He starts damage control.  He decides that this is now a personal matter and the police do not need to be involved.  The police bring the press and just 2 days before a tour, he doesn't need any bad press.  

Jon quickly finds Dave's number, the head of his personal security team.  After 3 rings, Dave answer, "Good morning Mr. Bongiovi, what can I do for you?"

"Beth has taken off, I need you to find her."

"Taken off, what do you mean?" Dave questions, knowing that it could be pretty serious, if Jon is calling in private investigators.  "She left?"

"Packed a bag and snuck out this morning.  I think she's going to Seattle.  I need you to find her and keep her safe."  Jon explains, with a little demanding in his voice.

"Do you need me to call the police?"

Jon turns and works his way back down stairs to where he left his son, brother and the Sergeant.  "No, they are here now.  I'm sending them away.  Get to Seattle and find her."

"On my way." says his trusted employee that has saved the Bongiovi's on more than one occasion.  There is no one, that is not blood, that Jon trusts more.  This man has watched all of his children since birth, he's protected his wives, his parents and his brothers.  He is family, that Jon got to choose.

Jon gets back to the men standing in the driveway.  He starts to tell the Sergeant, "I found her.  I won't be needing your help Sergeant.  I am so sorry to have wasted your time."  he informs him, giving a gentle push to Jesse toward the house.  "Matt, take Jesse inside."

"You found her?  That was fast.  Where is she?  Is he okay?"  the sergeant is getting irritated, standing in the hot summer sun.

"Yeah, I found her.  I know where she is.  Thank you for your quick response and your time, sergeant.  I am very sorry to drag you all the way out here for a panic."

"That's what we're here for, Sir."  The sergeant places his note pad in his breast pocket.  With a deep calming breath, he asks, "Where is she, if I may ask?"

"She's on her way to Seattle."  Jon extends his hand, shaking the sergeants hand, "Again, thank you, but I have it covered from here."  

"Are you sure?"

Jon nods his head as he turns to walk away, "I'm sure.  Sorry to have wasted your time.  I'll take it from here."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jon calls her phone again and gets the same thing.  Her voicemail.  He sends her another text, Dave is on his way.  You do what you have to do.  MAYBE we'll talk about it when and if I get back.  SEND

He enters the house and finds where his children are at.  His heart is in his throat and his anger through the roof.  His thoughts are scattered, but he needs to tell the kids something.  Something about why the police were there and where Beth is.  As he walks, he wonders what she has planned, what she thinks she's going to accomplish.  The endless scenarios that run through his mind irritate him and worry him all at the same time.

In the living room, "Pete can you excuse us for a minute please?  I need to talk to the kids."

"Sure."  she sets Brianna on the couch next to her dad.  "I figure out what to do for lunch, okay Jon?"

"Thanks Pete."

The whole clan was in the living room.  Stephanie has just woken up to find the family in yet another crisis and this one has Beth all over it.  "Dad, what the hell is going on?"

"Language, Stephanie."

"DAD!  What's going on?"  she demands.  "Jesse told me that the police here.  Is Beth okay?"

"Steph, give your dad a minute to explain what's going on before you start to beat him with questions."  Matt interjects feeling his own worry."

"Is she gone?" she asks.

Jon nods his head. 

"Where did she go?" she barks at him knowing that her dad leaves in a day and a half.  "What did the police say?"

Jon took a moment to gain his composure.  Deep relaxing breath in and out.  He looked at the 6 beautiful laces looking back at him, feeling bad for them.  Jess and Steph have to go back to school in the morning, after the wedding weekend, and now they have this before they go.  "Beth received a letter a few weeks back and it was cruel.  It mentioned the twins and McKenna and what happened to them.  Well, I found it and had it traced to who sent it to her.  Last night I flew to Seattle and took care of the problem, but she didn't think it was good enough - so I'm certain she's in Seattle taking care of whatever she thought she was going to take care of."

"And she just left without saying a word?"  Matt inquires, "Not so much as a goodbye?"

Again, Jon nods his head, "I should have known that she couldn't let it go.  But based on that - once Dave finds her and tells me that she's exactly where I think she is, doing what she thinks she needs - I am done."

"Done?"  Jesse asks, "What does that mean?"

"Jess, this isn't the first time that she's done something like this.  I told her that it was all done, they would never bother us again, but she had to sneak out and try to take care of it herself."

"That's Beth!" he adds, glaring at his dad. 

"You and Steph go back to school tomorrow.  Monday I leave for the first leg of the tour.  What am I supposed to do now?"

"Pete."  Stephanie reminds him.

"Pete is not their mother."  Jon reminds her.  

He quietly its there and thinks to himself, "I can't keep doing this.  She's flew off the handle one too many times and she always does it before I have a job to do."

4 comments:

  1. OH Jon sooo needs a reality check. Does he want a wife who is barefoot and pregnant? Cuz that is what he is acting like. Just because HE went out in the middle of the night and took care of it WITHOUT her knowledge. That is not the way Beth rolls.... Open your eyes JBJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Jon this is ridiculus. She needs to trust him & quit trying to deal with everything herself. She says she wants his support but then doesn't trust him.
    He needs to move on from her drama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah this isn't the first time she's done this to him, or to them. Why doesn't she believe Jon when he says that he took care of it? She doesn't want to deal with Brian and his cohorts so Jon took care of it so what's the problem? Now she wants to take care of things herself? She has to make up her mind. SHe can't have it both ways and she knows her husband this is what he does, At least Jon left a note she didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Mary Ellen and Ann. Beth has once again taken matters into her own hands without regard to her husband or children's feelings.

    ReplyDelete