Saturday, January 17, 2015

Chapter 93 - Just A Pawn In A Losing Game


Beth goes weak in the knees and has to sit down, never taking her eyes off Jon.  She sees that he went a few shades of pale as well, but his words shot out of his mouth.  


"Those babies are mine.  You stay away from them and you stay away from Beth."  He informs Brian with a degree of certainty that no one can change.  "They are Bongiovi's, so do us all a favor Brain and just disappear again."

Dorothea, sitting on the couch, feeling a little bit of heartbreak is starting to realize that she may have been used.  She can see that Brian sought her out for a reason.  She's feeling foolish that she didn't see it all as soon as she learned who he was, that he was Beth's ex fiance - but by that time, she was already in to deep.  

She had helped Dalton and Melissa write the tell all book that created a big mess in Jon and Beth's life, but once again, they got through that.  Dorothea has feelings for Brian and when she did finally learn who he was, she had feelings that she couldn't and didn't want to fight.  She had no idea that he was still in love with Beth.  How could he have been, it had been many years.  She was even thrown for a bigger loop when she learned that he was married to Melissa.  

The web of deceit and games that Beth and Jon were just thrown into were one that there is no way that they could have planned for or anticipated.  Brian crashing their wedding was the biggest blow that they have had in a long time and they both are ready to face it all head on and deal with it swiftly and get on with their lives.  

"Well Jon, I am getting a court order to have DNA testing done.  I want to find out if the sperm that Beth got from the bank is the ones that made those two beautiful babies.  I have always wanted a little girl and a little boy!"  He smiles with evil in his eyes.

Beth looks up and finally makes contact with Brian.  "They are not your babies.  You will not be testing anyone.  I will get the best lawyer in the world to stop you."  The tears in her eyes start to roll down her cheeks, "Please let me go."

"You are not going to be able to stop me.  I have records from the sperm bank that you had invitro and from the birth date of the twins, it's possible that they are mine."

Dot is still sitting there saying nothing, watching the banter go back and forth.

Jon walks up to Brain again and tells him, "There is no need to test them, I already had it done.  Both Brianna and Spencer are Bongiovi's like I told you.  So now that we have that out of the way - like I told you before, leave us alone."

"How did you marry Melissa?"  Beth snaps at Brian.  "How do you know her?" Beth is pleading for answers, she needs all of this to make sense to her.  "You were dead.  I met Dalton and became friends with him.  I then met that crazy bitch Melissa and she killed our daughter - how does all of this sickness fall into place?"

"Sickness?"  Brian sarcastically asked.  "No one is sick, we are all just a group of people that want what we can't have and won't take no for an answer."

"Where is Dalton?"  Beth screams.

Jon walks back to be at her side, grabbing her and holding her close, he whispers, "I'll take care of this."

Beth isn't happy with that, breaking free of Jon's arms she screams at Brian again, "Where is Dalton, Brian please tell me.  I need to know."

"Why?"

"Do you have any idea what he's done to her and our family?"  Jon asks him, "Do you know that he's a monster, having hurt the one that you profess to love.  Where is he so I can keep her safe?"

Brain laughs at Jon, "Protect her like you did before?"

Jon lunges at Brain and when he was close enough, Jon's right fist connected with Brian's left cheek.

"JON!"  Dorothea screams, running over to Brian.  "What the fuck did you do that for?"  She looks up at him, "All for your precious Beth?"

"It's okay, leave me alone."  Brian orders Dorothea as he stands up rubbing his cheek and moving his jaw to make sure that he hadn't been hurt.  "That was really stupid Jon, you do know that, right?"

"You're lucky that I stopped there."  Jon replies, rubbing his hand, looking at Beth.  "We have to get out of here, these two are bringing out the worst in us."  He stakes her hand and draws her toward the door.  

Beth stops and tires one last time, 'Where is Dalton, Brian?  You owe me atleast that."

"Why should he tell you?"  Dorothea asks, like it was her business.  "Why should we tell you anything?"

Beth turns to face her, "Tell me this Dorothea, why wouldn't you tell me where the man that raped me and assaulted me is.  Is it that you want, him to come and get me again?"  

"Beth, he's changed.  He's rehabilitated."

"Bullshit!" Beth barks, "Is he here on the east coast?"  Jon can feel her getting tense, he can feel her muscles getting tighter.  With a tap of his fingers on the small of her back, she shifts her focus.  With out skipping a beat, she turns her attention to Brain.  "If you have ever loved me, you will tell me where he is."

Brian can't keep eye contact with her, he can't bare to watch the pain in her eyes, "I have no idea what he did to you, but the Dalton that I know would never hurt you.  He loves you just as much as I do."

"Brian, he raped me and beat me pretty bad.  That you can't change in a man."

"He's nothing like that.   All he talks about is how much he loves you and he talks highly of the time that you were together."

"He raped me!!"  Beth shouts, "You stupid fuck, he raped me.  And then came back and beat the shit out of me, leaving me helpless."

Brian just gives her a look like he knows that Dalton would never do anything like that to her now, having no idea that he did it to her then, "Sometimes you need to forgive, Beth Ann."

"Fuck you!"  And Beth leads Jon out of the apartment.  "You still dead to me.  Leave me and my family alone."  She stops and turns back to look at him, "And if you don't, I will make your life a living hell."

"Oh really!" he laughs back at her, "Do you think you can do that?  I'm dead remember."

Jon puts an end to it.  "It's obvious that you don't love her, it's obvious that the three of you get some kind of pleasure out of torturing her and disrupting her life.  But know this."  he faces the both of them, as they sat on the couch like they had just seen a miracle.  Both are unsure of what's coming next, "I have alot of money and I know alot of people, we will not play your games."

Brian, feeling like he has the upper hand and the ace in the hole tells Jon, "Do you really think that you scare us?"

Dorothea pipes up, "I don't want any part of this anymore Brian.  He's pissed and he means what he's saying.  He has many friends that could make shit happen."

"Shut up!"  Brian snaps at Dot, "Sit there and don't talk"  That embarrasses Dorothea and pisses her off all at the same time.  

With a deep breath and her fill of being used and abused, Dorothea stands and tells Jon and Beth, "Dalton is in Trenton, picking up Melissa.  She was released today."

3 comments:

  1. Oh My God!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well I hope Jon does has connections because he's gonna need them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well holy shit sounds like they're all coming after them! Beth should know for sure whose kids they are I mean she knows if the invitro worked or not. did they really have a paternity test done in CA?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rut row... If Melissa is released today Jon may be too late to stop it. No matter WHO he knows..... Jon may be bluffing on that paternity test. Dorothea KNEW Dalton was picking up Melissa. She KNEW... I hope that this time Dorothea really has opened her eyes to this whole mess and sees the trouble her involvement may bring not to those three but to her herself. She is an accomplice even in a roundabout way.

    More please and thank you.
    :)

    ReplyDelete