Thursday, June 26, 2014

Chapter 47 - He Said Forever....And So Did She







After reading her text message, he decides not to respond.  With the voicemail that she had left about not taking the twins on the yacht, he decided it was best to talk to her in person.


  There would be no more text messages or emails regarding any of their issues, from this point forward.  He was done trying to fight for his life through cyberspace.  He tosses his phone in his bag and meets the guys in the lobby. 




The lunch that he had with Dorothea was harmless.  The photographers neglected to snap pictures of Richie and David, who were with them.  They thought that Jon and Dorothea would make for better headlines and better revenue.  An innocent looking lunch between old friends and ex's wasn't smut magazine worthy, or even ETonight worthy - Jon figures that he will deal with that issue at a later date.  He wasn't going to defend his actions, innocent or guilty over the telephone.  He thought that maybe it will do Beth some good to sit and stew on whatever she was thinking regarding the picture - he just couldn't care right now.  He's in the last week of a world tour and needs to finish it right.  He needs to finish on top and at the top of his game. 




They all pile into the while van and for the most part they rode to the airport in silence.  They all knew what was going on with him, they see the headlines themselves and know that Jon is in a spot in his life where it was all better if it was being left alone.  He can feel the tension between him and his band mates and doesn't like it, so he tries to ease their minds and lighten the mood a little bit.  "You guys, whatever is going on with me and Beth has affected me for the last time.  I'm sorry if I have been an asshole to work with lately, you know that I usually don't let the two worlds collide like I did.  She is driving me crazy."  He scans the van, making eye contact with the three guys that have been at his side for over the last 30 years, letting them know that he means what he has just said. 




Richie can see that Jon is uneasy talking to them about what he just said, he hates to admit that he has a weak spot, but he also knows that they know more than what they let on.  His band mates, his best friends have been there through all of the craziness that has come with loving and losing Beth Adams.  "Hey man, don't worry about it.  We all have been there, Jon."




"Yeah, we all have had our hearts ripped out and stepped on."  Tico adds, winking at Jon.  "Where she was made, they made more.  Don't sweat it." 




"That's just it, I know that she's the one for me and I don't know how to handle the fact that she doesn't want to be with me.  It's driving me mad."  He chuckles at himself a little bit, "I mean, I have never been as rejected as I have been by her and that makes me want her even more."




David can feel what Jon is saying and makes it known, "She's a wonderful woman and I'm sorry that you are going through this, but don't you think that you guys need a little time to work this out before you make the decision that it's over?"




"She decided that it was over about a month ago."




"You just had the twins!" David responds to Jon's statement, "How can she make a decision so soon after that?"




Jon shrugs his shoulders and confesses, "When I left California the last time, she ended it and our contact has been minimal."




"Why didn't you tell us?"  Tico asks, "We could talk to her.....wait, it's Beth.  Talking to her would have pissed her off even more."




"Most definitely, she would have been very pissed if anyone tried to talk to her about it.  Fuck, she gets mad at me when I try to talk to her about it."




Richie leans forward in his seat and slaps Jon on the knee, "Well, I know her well enough to know that it's not over.  She's the type that likes stability and routine and that may have kicked into overdrive when the twins came - you can't give up on her just yet Jon."




"Man, I can't keep living like this.  She seen the pictures that surfaced of lunch the other day and I know that she's thinking the worst, and I'm going to let her think that.  I can't keep trying to pacify her and explain myself."




"How do you know that she's thinking the worst?"  Tico questions, "Maybe she knows that it was innocent?"




"No, she's thinking the worst.  She sent me a text with one of the pictures as I was grabbing my things.  She's pissed and thinking it was a secret."




"Does she know that Dot showed up unannounced and uninvited?"



"No, she doesn't know anything about the visit and the fucked up thing is, I called her to see if I could see the twins when the boys go to camp and she told me that she wanted to have sex.  She wanted me to visit for sex."



"And you said NO?"  David asks him.



Jon gets up, and slides to a larger seat in the van and kicks back a little bit, "I had to tell her no.  I love her too much to do that.  To let her use me and act like nothing happened?"



"That might be your foot in the door.  Show her what you're made of and sweep her off of her feet.  You know she loves you and if you join as one - show her how much you really do love her and want her back."  Richie plans it all in his mind.  "Take her away, get her to yourself and just enjoy one another."



"I set up a yacht for the four of us to go away.  Just to be alone.  No phones, no outside influence and she refuses to go."



"The babies are too new to travel that way - even though we all have done it with our toddlers and our teenagers.  Spencer and Brianna would be fine, but can you get all of the necessities on board?"  Tico asks him.



"I can do anything that my babies need." he states, "And I will do what ever it takes to take some pressure off of Beth.  She could use somet ime away."

"Then do THAT!" David interjects, "Get her out and see what happens.  The two of you are too good together to let it go to waste."

"I know." Jon replies, "I just need to let it sit for a few days.  Her text said to call her when I get back to Jersey, and I'll do just that."

"Man, that's what you have to do, you have to get her away - let her relax.  She's probably needing a break taking care of the twins alone.  She needs to get out and have some fun." Richie states, "Get her off the vineyard property and take her away."

Jon can't help but smile at Richie's excitement, he's acting like a kid and Jon misses that in his friends, in his brothers.  "She's back to work as a consultant, so she gets away from the vineyard and the twins - I just want to do something nice for her."


"Then do it."  Tico says, as he leans back and relaxes, "You two have way too much outside influence  fucking up what you have.  She obviously can't stop it - she needs you to Jon."  The elder of the bunch has spoken and Jon hears what he says. 


Deep in thought, Jons gaze fixes on the white lines that pass by.  He's taken back to the ride to Richie's house, when he landed to get to her after her attack.  He's consumed by that thought and quickly he remembers the terrible things that he has said to her just the last time that they really argued.  He can feel the lump in his throat grow, and he's thankful when they pull into the airport. 


They pile out of the vehicle, on by one, each responsible for their own carry on.  With everything in hand, they board the plane and settle in for the long flight that is just ahead of them.  Each guy claimed a couch, except Jon.  As he prepared for take off, he logged onto his laptop and patiently waited for the all clear.  He can see that his band mates are exhausted, as all but David is asleep.  David has his best friend with him, his spiral notebook that he keeps close in case the mood to write comes up.  It goes where he goes, either in his hand or in his messenger bag.  Jon smiles when he sees David scribbling, "Where do you find inspiration?" Jon asks, quietly.


David looks up and smiles, "Usually in everything, but lately it's been in your madness."


"My madness?"


"Yeah, I see the turmoil that you keep yourself in and it inspires me to write about what the human heart can endure."


"Endure?" Jon chuckles, "Is that what my heart is doing?  Enduring?"


"Well, it does keep you in the game Jon.  Anyone that knows you knows how much you love Beth.  But what we all want to know is why you aren't married to her yet?"


"If it were up to me, we would have been married months ago, but it's hard to marry someone that runs as hot and cold as Beth does."


"Have you tried to keep her warm?"

3 comments:

  1. Great chapter! Way to go Jon. Just let her stew about that for awhile. I'm glad he didn't go grovelling back to her. She tends to read too much into stuff. A bit paranoid lol. Oh well, it'll be interesting to see how this all plays out. What's Beth gonna do, go have a quickie fling. Wouldn't put it past her really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I still think he should go find someone new...then Jons can start a whole new series ;)

      Delete
  2. I agree he should dump her & let his lawyer deal with her. Why should she care anyway who he's with> she ended the relationship herself!

    ReplyDelete