Sunday, August 24, 2014

Chapter 69 - What Was Once Holy Water


The Bongiovi helicopter lands on a makeshift helipad that serviced the park that Jon and Beth lived next to.

 Jon needed to get into town and he needed to get into town quick.  His day trip is cut short when he gets a call from a frantic Beth.  "Hey, rockstar, I need you to get home and get home quick." 


"What's going on, what has you so worked up?" he chuckles as he listens to her, picturing the smile on her face.  He can hear the happiness in her voice.


"I have something to show you, how soon can you be here?"


"I'm on my way to the airport now, I'm done down here.  I just need to fly home." he tells her, having just finished the business that he needed to take care of while he was in Philadelphia. 


"Okay, I'll pick you up."


"What's going on, babe?" he questions her, handing his bag and coat to Scott, the assistant that he hired at the end of the last leg of their tour.  He needed a new one, one that wasn't set in her way and one that wanted to grow with Jon.  His old one didn't want to do that.  Beth is the one that pointed it out to him that his former assistant lacked the luster and the desire, and she also pointed out that Denise was becoming too friendly with Dorothea.  Everyone in the Bongiovi Camp needed to pull their own weight and they needed to be trusted.  Beth lost the trust in Denise.  So, under Beth's direction - he let Denise go and together they hired Scott.


Jon climbs into the helicopter and fastens his safety belt.  "Beth, we're getting ready to take off.  I'll be home in about 15 minutes."


He can hear that she's excited, he can hear that she has something to tell him and it was killing her to keep it to herself.  "Great.  I'll pick you up.  I love you."  and the phone goes dead. 

Jon sits in the chopper and smiles, having no idea what he was going to go home to and he didn't really care.  All that he knows is she's happy, and that makes him happy. 


When the chopper lands back in New Jersey, he hops down and sees her parked off to the side, in their decked out golf cart.  She is one big smile, it goes from eye to eye and that warms his heart.  He takes his things from Scott, tells him goodbye and then he walks toward Beth. 

She's in her favorite Levi's, a white t-shirt and her ratty old Converse that he's told her to throw away many times. She's ed.practically jumping out of the cart, she is so excited.  Jon has only been gone for the day, he laughs at Beth because she's acting like he's been gone for months. 


He reaches her and they are immediately lip to lip.  He mumbles, "I'm home, what has you all worked up."


Beth throws her arms and legs around Jon, causing him to drop everything and hold her.  "I found it, I found it."


"You found what?"


"Our wedding location."


"Oh really?" he asks, looking at her.  "Already?"


"Yeah, yeah." she hops down off of him, "I was working and I found a vineyard right here in Jersey."


"Beth, you don't work."


"Jon, stop." she takes his hand and pulls him into the golf cart.  "I have been looking for land here and I found it."


"Land for what?"


"Originally to build another vineyard, but this chunk of land is so pretty, I can see myself getting married there."


Jon drives them the short distance down the road to the house.  The twins were sleeping, Beth left them with Pete for the few minutes that she would be gone.  "I didn't know we were looking for vineyard land."


"We weren't. I am, I guess." she rests her head on Jon's shoulder.  Jon stops the golf cart just outside one of the garage doors. 


"That's the last thing we need babe." he tells her as they get out of the cart and walk into the house.  "We don't need anymore land, or another business."


Beth stops dead in her tracks, "What?"


"We already have a vineyard."


"Yeah, so."


"Do you really want to build another one?" he asks her and he's serious.  "We don't have time for that, babe."


"So then we don't have time for another album, or another tour?"


Jon holds up his hands, "Whoa!  This isn't a cat fight babe, I just didn't know that we were looking for land or that we wanted to start another business."


"It's not a start Jon, we can have a Bongiovi/Adams vineyard here on the east coast." 
 

They walk into the mud room that separates the garage from the main area of the house, Beth kicks off her Converse and slides her feet into her slippers.  The floors are always cold when the air conditioner is on and she doesn't like the way that it feels.  Together, they walk into the house and are greeted by Pete.  She has Brianna in her arms.


"Hey Pete."  Jon says as he lays all of his things on the island, "How are they doing?"  He bends over and kisses his daughter on the head, "Hello baby girl."  Brianna smiles up at her daddy, the daddy that would stop the world for her, the daddy that will give her the moon.  "Don't go nowhere Pete, I need to wash my hands and then I'll take her."


Beth asks, "Where's Spencer?  Upstairs?"  Beth sees the monitor receiver on Pete's waistband.  "I'll go get him, Jon."  Beth leaves the room once Pete indicated that he was in the nursery. 


"Jon, do you mind if I take off?  There is a show tonight at the Basie that I want to see."  Pete asks as Jon takes Brianna from him.  He kisses his daughter again and again.


"Pete, that's fine.  Take my car.  Do you need any money?"


"Thanks, but my car is here and Beth paid me today.  I'm all set."


"Then get out of here, go, have fun."  Jon sits on the vintage step stool that they have in the kitchen area, his daughter is cradled in his arms and he is lost in her face.  "Are you coming back tonight."


Pete laughs at that, "Yeah, I'll be back.  What kind of show do you think this is?"


"Are you going alone?" Jon grills her.


"No, I'm meeting CeCe there.  I'll be home when it's over."


Jon adds, like a concerned father, "If you drink and need a ride, call me or Beth and we will come and get you Pete."


"I know DAD.  Goodbye." she kisses him on the forehead, just as Beth enters the room.


"Are you leaving Pete?" Beth questions her, shocked that she's leaving so fast.


Jon waves Pete on as he explains to Beth what she's doing.  Once Pete leaves, Jon gets up from the stool and walks up to Beth.  "Is he about done?"  He asks her, referring to the baby that is suckling her breast.


"I think so.  He doesn't seem very hungry."


"Good.  I have to take a piss." as he does a little potty dance, "I'm going to lay her on the couch."


Beth follows him into the living room and sits on the couch next to where he laid Brianna down, Beth leans over and kisses her daughter, that is looking up at here with her big blue eyes and a smile that makes Beth almost cry.  The little smile is followed by a belly laugh and that makes Beth laugh and cry, at the same time.


Jon and Beth spent the evening doing nothing.  They watched TV and did things around the house that included the babies.  Jon wanted to go for a walk, so the each put backpacks on and the four if them went on a walk, around their small yard and into the park that they lived next to.  On this walk, Beth had to bring up the wedding, again.


With his hand in hers, she gives it a slight tug, stopping him, "We need to pick a place so I can plan.  As you see, the seasons are changing."


"I want to marry you wherever you will marry me, Beth.  That is the bottom line.  You tell me when and where, I'll be there in whatever you decide that I'm to wear."


"Jon............"


"It's your day.  You pick it and I promise that you will get no grief from me."


She smiles, lifts herself on her tippy toes, kisses him and says, "I put an offer on that land this morning."


"You did?" he's a little upset by that, but it's not a battle that he can win.  She's a successful woman with plenty of her own money, she doesn't need his at all.


"Yeah.  A cash offer, and it already has live vines on it, they just need some TLC."


"Where is this place?" they start to walk again, hand in hand.


"It's down in Egg Harbor."


"Way down there?"


"The sand up here isn't ideal for grapes, Jon."







4 comments:

  1. Okay, so she bought some land. I didn't think Jon would be apposed to that. hhhmmm, vineyard, NJ, outdoor... Thinking September wedding. Let's see how close I am......

    ReplyDelete
  2. You maybe right Her. Bring on the wedding. Jon, chil she needs to keep herself busy. You should understand, you can't slow down...."I'LL SLEEP WHEN I'M DEAD"...ring a bell?

    ReplyDelete
  3. its good she wants to stay busy but she seems to be obsessed with vineyards these days. can't she just be happy for once that she has the family she always wanted?

    ReplyDelete