Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Chapter 1 - Do They Got It Anymore?




Beth couldn't stay in the house any longer.  As she looked around, she could see that it has already been remodeled, Dot had removed most remnants of Beth.  


She stands to leave, "I have to go.  I've been here longer than I wanted.  Thank you for seeing me, Jon.  Please tell the kids I said Hi."  And she starts to walk away, Jon reaches for her hand to stop her. 

Standing up to address her face to face, he said the first thing that came to mind.  "Please don't go."

"Jon, I've said what I needed to say and nothing has changed.  It's obvious that you have moved on with Dorothea.  And I'm happy that you were able to.  I hope the kids adjusted well and are thriving now that they have their mom and dad back together."

"How do you think they're doing?"  he kind of snaps at her.

She smiles her fake fuck you smile and says, "I can only hope that they're doing better than I am."  She turns to leave, he grabs her arm.  She stops and says without looking back at him, "Let go of my arm.!"

"How can you be so cold hearted?"

For that she turns to look at him, pissed as hell, "What do you mean, how can I be so cold hearted?  You're the one that did this and at first I was crushed.  But as time went on, I came to see that you were right.  Together we had crisis after crisis and losing McKenna was the straw, Jon."

"Do you really believe that?"


"I do.  I didn't want to admit it and I hate to relive it, but we have been through way too much for the few years that we were together.  You can't deny that."


"I don't, but I can no longer dismiss what we had, Beth.  Our love was different, our relationship was special."  moving to get in front of her, he reaches up and places his hand on her cheek, "You can't deny that what we had was special."

"I never have." she replies as she takes a step back.  "I just came here to tell you to please let me go."

"No."

"This isn't doing either of us any good, you are with your family and that's where you need to be."  she didn't think that he needed to be reminded of that, but when she said that to him, it helped her hang onto the anger that she felt.  "Work on your relationship with Dorothea."  She walks away.

As she walks down the hallway towards the front of the house, she scans the pictures that are hanging on the wall, and much to her surprise there are pictures of her still hanging in the house.  Jon and Dot must have fought about that, and that gave Beth a little bit of satisfaction.  "Beth!" he yells at her. 

Turning on her heel, exhaling like she's defeated, "What, Jon?  What??"

"Don't go." he demands, "Let's talk."

"ABOUT WHAT?" she is starting to cry and hurting over him is supposed to be over, she should be able to handle this, it's been long enough.  What breaks her heart even more is that they both have the same bracelet on.  "Do you want to talk about our dead children?  Maybe you want to talk about my accident in the Bahamas', or is it the car accident that we were in.  No wait, let's talk about our sex tape scandal and then we can talk about when your wife was trying to have me killed."  She takes a deep breath and finds it hard, she is so worked up and getting pissed at herself.  "We could then talk about my mother, my brother and Dalton - how does that sound Jon?  Let's not forget Melissa/Dani.  She should be at the top of our list of topics to discuss.  Are those the things that you want to talk about?"  Her hand is on the doorknob.  She opens the door and step out, looking back over her shoulder she says, "We don't got it anymore."  She pulled the door closed behind her.

3 comments:

  1. First, love this format. So clean and easy to read. Thank you. Words get lost in other stories as the background is too busy This background is perfect. It takes nothing away from the reader and your pic at the top of the post is great.

    Now onto Beth and Jon....
    Sure they have had more than their share of the band and the ugly. There is a history between them. They have had good times. It wasn't all bad. I hope that Jon gets her to talk. Thank's the opening he needs to get her back. Just listen Beth. It IS worth the fight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was trying for soft and relaxing. I know that the hot pink in REGRET was a bit much. LOL I really hope that I can keep them going. The have been through so much, I'm not sure that they could live together without turmoil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just gave you a reply & it disappeared. I have alot to catch up on. I found this very compelling. I think Beth knows they have been though too much to go back. It kills her to admit it, but she has to do. She is done.

    ReplyDelete