Friday, April 25, 2014

Chapter 20 - All You Want Is The Truth



"You mean your body can't handle the best sperm on the planet?" he jokes back with her, "I'm only kidding, those are Bongiovi's."
"You sound pretty sure about that." she says to him, grabbing his hand, "Come on, you need to eat."

Jon stands up, "Are you going to put some clothes on?"

"No, my robe is good." she leads him out of the house.  Stopping along the way she looks at him, "Thank you for coming out here.  It really is nice to see you."

He hooks her and kisses her, "There is no place to far.  I've always told you that."

"How did you find out?" she asks, as they continue to walk up to the hotel.

He puts his arm around her, "A reporter at a press conference asked me about it this morning I told you that."

"I'm sorry, I forgot.  You must have told me when I was screaming at you." she leans on him as they walk.  It's dark and the air is cool.  Jon's chilled so he assumes that she is too, not realizing that she has additional insulation right now.

"Are you warm enough?"  he starts to take his jacket off.

"I'm perfect."  he holds open the door that leads into the restaurant section of the hotel.  Beth walks in and scans the room, looking to see how big of a problem they might have if they eat in the dining area.  It's pretty empty, so they take a seat at the bar.  When the bartender comes over, Beth asks for a bottle of water and a glass of Pinot.

"I don't need a glass of wine, water is fine."  Jon says before the bartender could walk away.

"Are you sure?" the young guy asks, "We have some house wine that's very good."  As he says those words he realizes who he's talking to, he extends his hand, "Hello Mr. BonJovi. I'm Tony."  Jon shakes the young mans hand.

"Nice to meet you Tony."

"Are you sure you don't want a glass of the house wine?  We have a world class vintner right here at this very bar." Tony winks at Beth and she smiles.

Beth tells Jon, "It is quite good, you should have a glass."  She nods for Tony to get Jon a glass of Pinot and he does.  He returns with Beth's water and Jon's wine.

Smelling, swirling and they sipping Jon looks at Beth, "That's probably the best Pinot I've ever had and I've had some good stuff."

"That batch right there was stored in wooden casts that were smoked with sandal wood.  That right there is only 5 months old, if that.  I have some barrels in the back that I've put out of sight, so it will age and take on even a better flavor."

"What made you think to use Sandal Wood?"

"When Brian's parent were here, his dad said he heard of a vineyard in Italy trying it with not very good results, so I thought we would try it.  And we did.  It actually won an award, so we're pretty proud of it."

"It's delicious.  Dad would love it."  Jon tells her, not knowing that Beth has already sent him some.  

She decides to leave that fact alone.  She could see how pissed he was when he found out about his brother Tony, if he found out that his parents had communication with Beth and didn't tell him, he'd be super pissed.  "I'm glad you like it.  Take some with you when you leave, you don't need to check it at the gate with your own plane."

He winks at her, "Tony, what do you recommend for dinner??"  says the mega rock star sitting at he kids bar.

"Um, um...I really like the fresh catch of the day.  There is also a great rack of ribs.  It's all good, really, Mr. Bon Jovi."

"Please call me Jon." directing his attention back to Beth, he asks her, "Are you three eating?"

"Dude, you better stop it about the size comments." she swats his arm and says to Tony, "I'll take a brownie with vanilla ice cream please, no hot fudge."  She looks back at Jon, "What do you want?"

"Give me what she's having."

"Jon, you need food - not junk."

"So do you."

"I had dinner.  Tony bring him the bass, please.  Roasted red potatoes with brazed asparagus." she gives him the ha ha look, "and I still want my brownie and ice cream."

Tony nods and walks off to place their order and to give them privacy, he heard rumors that his boss had been in a relationship with Jon Bon Jovi, but he never had the nerve to ask her.  For being early 20's, he's pretty excited to be waiting on JBJ.

Jon and Beth sit at the bar and talk like old friends.  It was a connection that they had, they could not talk for weeks and pick right back up, where most people walk off.  Anyone that knows them, know that they belong together, everyone but Beth.  Over the preceding months, she had convinced herself that he life is much better than when it was with Jon, but as she sits with him now, she's even second second guessing herself.

He is a beautiful man, from the deepest of his soul to the smile on his face.  She could sit and just look at him for days, and she's always been that way with him.  But there is something missing, there is something different with him and she can't put her finger on it.  The harder she tries to figure it out, the more frustrated she gets.  

"What's going on with you?" she asks him, as she jabs her elbow into his rib cage, "What's the matter?"

He looks over at her, "Nothing, why?"

"You seem distant."  she states.  

"Exhausted.  The show tonight really kicked my ass." he admits, which he never would before.

"Why?"

"I couldn't get off the stage fast enough, I needed to get up here."

"No, there's more than that going on with you.  Talk."

"Really babe, there's not.  I'm good."  He gives her another wink and adds in a smile, "Are we good?"

"What do you mean, are we good?"  

"When I was in quick change tonight, I pictured this going a completely different way.  As I sat on the floor backstage, away from Dawn and Abby, I seen this going like it would in a movie. You'd see me, we'd hug and kiss and life would be great again."

"But?" she cocks an eyebrow at him.

"It isn't even close to how I pictured it."

"Is that good or bad?"

He admits, "I'm not happy, I guess I thought that you would be happier to see me."

"I'm geeked that you're here.  I love that you ran up here to see me, I love looking at you." she tells him, with her heart racing.  She's certain that there is more to it than what he's telling her.  She feels like she's only getting half truths.  

4 comments:

  1. Hate blogger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Commented 2 times.... 2 times it didn't publish....

    To summarize... Love that she talks to Papa B. Interesting about the half truths. Wonder what Jon is hiding? Thought this chapter would have brought them closer to the way they were.... Back together....

    Yiesh... If blogger boots my comment one more time..... LOL
    Thanks for the chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They need one another. Glad she hasn't completely left him/kept him out of her life. They need to forgive one another and heal together!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree with Beth'a comment above. Time to heal & lots if talking & being honest but not hurtful

    So glad he took the sperm comment well.

    I hope they start to get closer now with a lot less drama & b.s. from the world & people around them. Hopefully Dot keeps her yap shut! Hopefully she has someone to keep her busy. Jon needs to stop telling her so much too.

    Looking forward to the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He does tend to talk too much & wear his heart on his sleeve with her. she is nice one minute & makes passive aggressive statements the next. she may do that out of fear of being hurt again but she can't keep pushing people who care about her away. they both need to be open & honest with each other in the future. I think he's trying. now I wonder if they will spend the night together - in the same bed.

    ReplyDelete