Friday, July 25, 2014

Chapter 57 - It's A Dirty Plastic Pearl


With the kids on their way home to their new house, Jon and Beth are on their way to Tammy's house.  Tammy, the assistant that Beth has had forever is having an engagement party and Jon and Beth were invited. 


With the fundraiser being priority, Jon and Beth agreed to attend, but only on the condition that Tammy didn't mind that they arrive late.  Tammy didn't mind, she really just wanted to see Jon and Beth.  It's been forever, even though they all lived so close.

The car service pulled up in front of Tammy's building and let them out.  As they walked to the door, Jon could see that Beth was chilled.  Being the gentleman that he is, he took off his jacket and draped it over her shoulders.  His tuxedo jacket was a thing of the past.  When it came off backstage, he had no intention of putting it back on. With his jacket over her shoulders, he wraps his arm over her and hugs her.  "You look beautiful tonight."

She rests her head on his shoulder as they walk, "Thank you.  You cleaned up nice too."

"What do you know about this dude that Tammy is marrying?" he kisses the side of her head, "What if I don't approve?" he laughs, like his opinion will matter.

"Oh, I don't know.  She seems to really love this guy.  He is all she talks about."  Beth reaches over and rubs his belly, as they wait for the elevator.  She tucks a couple of fingers in his waistband and leans into kiss him. "I remember what it was like to be loved like that." she gives him a wink.

Guiding her into the elevator, "You remember?  I still love you like that.  You are all that I talk about."

"Maybe now, but what about before?" she jokes with him, "I'm sure there was a time when you hated the sound of my name?"

He's laughing now, "There was a time when I did hate the sound of your name, but it only lasted a second."

"I know the road to get here was rocky, to say the least, but I'm very glad that we made it here." Beth admits on the elevator ride up to Tammy's floor. 

"Me too babe, me too." he admits, "It was a very rocky road."

When they entered Tammy's SoHo loft, they were greeted with people from all walks of life.  From the financial geniuses to the fitness trainers, Tammy's friendship rainbow was very colorful.  Tammy sees them as they entered the grand entrance and runs up to greet them, "Oh my God, you made it."  She hugs and kisses the both of them, "I'm so happy that you're here." 

"Hi gorgeous."  Jon says, greeting the host.  "How are you?"

"Good, good.  Beth, do you want me to take Jon's coat?" she fusses over her friend, that used to be her boss.  "Can I get you drinks?"  Beth pulls Jon's coat off of her shoulders and hands it to Tammy, who in turns takes a few steps and hands it to her hired coat check person.  She then takes Beth by the hand and says, "Come on you two, I want you to meet Seth." 

Dragging Beth and Jon behind her, Tammy makes a mad dash for Seth, who is talking with a few of his friends.  "Seth, babe, this is Beth."  Seth turns to Beth and smiles.

"This is THE Beth Adams?" he jests.

Beth laughs and says, "Guilty as charged." she extends her hand, shaking his and saying hello.  Once they are formally introduced, Beth says, "And this is Jon Bon Jovi." 

"I know who he is, I've met him before.  I had no idea who you were, other than what I see and hear on the TV and the internet."

"Don't believe all of it."  Jon jokes, "We've met before?  Where was that?" 

Seth and Jon shake hands and Seth tells Jon, "I used to be a lighting director for the Garden, we met there a couple of times."

"I'm sorry I don't recognize you." 

"I didn't think that you would."  he smiles, "Thank you both for coming, you mean a lot to Tammy and I know that she's thrilled that you're here."

The staff was walking around with champagne on trays.  Jon grabbed one for Beth and himself.  They both take a big sip and start to mingle.  There were people there that they both knew, so it wasn't a total waste of time. 

They mingled for the appropriate amount of time, hoping that Tammy wouldn't feel bad that they didn't stay until the end.  But Beth needed to get home and pump soon and they both had a very long day.  Excusing themselves, after promising to stop by the office to catch up, Jon and Beth left Tammy's SoHo loft in the black car that waited for them. 

On their way back to Jersey, they talk about this and that, but for some reason the topic of conversation that they keep going back to is the new house.  Jon wants it to be exactly what Beth wants it to be, "Are you ever going to start decorating the house?"

"It is decorated."

"There is no Beth in there yet."

"What does Beth look like?  What would you like to see in the house?"

"Touches of you.  Touches of us." he admits, "Does it feel like home to you yet?"

"Yes.  More than I thought it would."

"Is there anything that you want to change?"

"Not really, the house is great, Jon.  You did a great job with it." she reassures him that she is happy with the house that now only holds their memories and so far they are all great memories.  "I might want to change the paint in the kitchen, but other than that, it's great." 

"What about our bedroom."

"All I want to change in there is that we're together naked in there more." she makes herself laugh when she says that.  Jon watches her eyes light up when she laughs, her laugh is infectious.  He starts to laugh with her.

"I'm sure we can arrange that." 

"Starting tonight!" she informs him that her changes go into effect immediately.  "Tonight.  Do we need to stop and get you a Red Bull or an energy drink?" she's still laughing. 

"Ha ha, smart ass.  No, I don't need an energy drink.  I'll be just fine.  Are you sure that you don't need one?" he jokes back with her, seeing how she liked it turned on her.

"I'm better than good, babe." she winks at him.

There is a few moments of silence and Jon asks her, "Are you ready to go on vacation yet?"

"To where?"

"I don't care.  I need some time away and would like to take the kids."

"We can do that."

"You're ready?  The twins are ready?"

She nods her head, "Yeah, we're ready.  Can we take Pete?"

"Absolutely.  She'd be pissed if we didn't take her."

"Where do you want to go?" she asks him, running through her mind all that they would need to pack regardless of where they went.

"I don't care.  The boys like the Bahamas' and Stephanie likes France.  So, you see, it really doesn't matter, as long as the weather is nice and we get in some great family time."

Beth gets lost in the thoughts of having all of the kids together in a nice place where that all can reconnect and just be together.  She misses them when they aren't in New Jersey and she hopes that maybe a little vacation will help Jesse let go of some of his apprehension.  He's been guarded with Beth since she's been back and she notices it.  She's hoping that maybe sometime away would help break down that wall.  As the buildings pass by, she's lost in her thoughts not even hearing Jon talk to her.

"Beth."

Startled, she looks at him, "Sorry, I was elsewhere."

"Where were you?" he asks as he takes her hand, "Where did you go?"

"I was thinking about Jesse and how far apart we have grown." she gives Jon a frowny face.

"He's sensitive, but he'll come around."

"I know, I was thinking that a trip might do us some good, Jesse and me that is.  I don't want him to keep me at arms reach forever."

"He won't."

"You don't know that." She kind of snaps, "He's a lot like you Jon.  Very hard to get forgiveness out of you.

3 comments:

  1. Nice jab there Beth. You might as well put your jammies on & plan to get a good nights sleep. I think you just killed the mood & any chance of sex lol.

    Great chapter, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. KEEPING THINGS REAL. You have a tendency of capturing your audience's attention and leading them to the climax of the story, then you drop the ball. The best way to end the story is no accidents, no break ups, and no problem's. He needs to pick up his love and let the inevitable happen. That is his fate and the only way he will ever know true satisfaction. Otherwise....... he just might explode. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always great job. Love that Beth is ready for a family vaca.... Jesse on the other hand. May be the big bomb for the next few chapter. Can't put my finger on it yet though.... Wonder what's in Jons White Mic's head... hhhmmmm
    More please.

    ReplyDelete