Monday, July 28, 2014

Chapter 59 - 99 In The Shade



It wasn't too long before the kids came back and told their dad that they were hungry.  In an effort to be more involved, Jon jumps up and says, "Okay, let's go order room service.  What sounds good?"




"Burgers!" yells Romeo.



"Pizza!" flies out of Jacobs mouth to only be shadowed by Jesse's answer.



"Tacos!"  Jon looks at Stephanie, waiting for her answer.



Stephanie thinks about what her brothers answered and she decided that a burger sounded good.  "Burgers sound really good."



Jon throws his hand up in the air, with a smile on his face and says, "Burgers it is."  He starts to walk toward the suite and asks Beth, "What do you want, babe?"



"A burger sounds good." she tells him, as he trails off with the boys behind him.  The four of them are going to order room service, Beth prays it comes out right. 



Stephanie sits down next to Beth and asks, "Are you having fun?"



"Yeah, I love laying here with nothing to do."



"Really?" Steph asks.



Beth sits up and explains, "This is paradise for me.  I have no cell phone, no computer and no wifi.  I love it.  Are you having fun?"



Stephanie nods her head, "I guess.  I like spending time with my brothers, I miss them when I'm away at school. "



"They miss you too." Beth tells her, "I miss you when you're gone too."



"So times like this are great, even though I'd rather be in Paris."



"Maybe we can go there next time?"

"Yeah, maybe."

"Is everything okay, Rose?"  Beth gets the feeling that something is bothering Stephanie and she can sense that she wants Beth to get it out of her.

"No, not really."

"What's going on?" Beth questions, having not one clue what could be bothering the young woman.  She has the world by the ass and can go as far in life as she chooses, so what's bothering one of the elite rock star children?

"It's my dad."

That gets Beth's attention.  "What about your dad?"

Stephanie is playing with the sand and says, "Haven't you noticed the way that he's been acting?"

"I see that he's happy and enjoying being with all of us, am I missing you something, Steph?"

"I think he's sick."

"Sick?  What do you mean sick?"  Beth's heart is in her throat, she's never given thought to the fact that Jon would ever be anything but the poster child for health.  "What are you talking about?"

Stephanie looks at Beth and says, "I see that he's lost a lot of weight, since the last time I seen him."

"He's very active, Steph."

"It's more than that."

"What's more than that?" Beth gets a little excited, not wanting Stephanie to beat around the bush, "Tell me what you're talking about."

"He's thin and I've seen him throw up a couple of times.  Do you think he's suffering from exhaustion?"

Beth stands up and brushes the sand off her butt and legs, "That's possible, why didn't you say something before now?"

"I didn't want to think that Superman has met his kryptonite.  It's my dad, he'll always be my hero."

"But Steph, you need to tell me these things.  I can get so wrapped up in the twins and lose sight of everything else."

"He seems better today." she tells Beth as Beth makes her way into the room.   She needs to check on the twins, how they did with room service and she needs to find out about Jon's secret illness.

The boys, from dad to Spencer, are all in the living room playing a game of Grand Theft Auto.  Jon has Spencer and is just giving him some love, watching his three other sons play video games.  It's a sight that warms Beth's heart as she walks in and sits next to Jon.

Jon looks over at her, "He was fussy, so I thought I'd give him some love."

"He likes that." Beth reiterates, "He really loves being loved."

There is a moment where neither of them talk, they just look at Spencer and see how happy of a little boy he is.  He makes them smile, when he smiles.  Beth has the nagging question that she needs to ask him.  "Babe, is there something going on with you that you need to tell me about?"

Jon looks at her like she's a little crazy, but tells her, "NO, why?"

"Rose is worried about you."

"How so?" he questions.  "Worried about me, why?"

"She says that you have dropped a lot of weight since she seen you last and that she has seen you get sick a couple of times, what's going on?"

Jon reaches over and grabs her leg, "There is nothing wrong.  I think I had a case of exhaustion or jet lag - no big deal."

"Are you okay now?" she needs to know.

"I couldn't be any better than I am now."

"Seriously, are you okay?"

"Babe, I'm fine.  I swear."

Beth informs him, "Stephanie is worried about you, so when you get a minute could you reassure her, please.  I don't want her worrying to ruin her vacation."

"I'll talk to her."

Room service came and the family ate their late lunch on the beach.  Brianna and Spencer were on the beach with them, in their little covered pack and play.  Beth looked around at the family that she almost lost and is grateful that they are all there, together.  She see's just how lucky that she really is.

5 comments:

  1. DON'T YOU DARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you dare, what? Are you seeing a story line that you don't like 😉

      Delete
  2. I think Rudsit may be talking about Jon being sick? Yup probably it.

    This was a good chapter..
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. if he is sick I hope its nothing serious. I wouldn't be surprised if he fad an ulcer though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are just starting to be happy again, better not do anything to him.

    ReplyDelete